Mary Castaneda - Finance Director/CPO
T: (575)378-4422 Ext. 1020
Vacant - Utility Clerk/Administrative Assistant
T: (575)378-4422 Ext. 1023
Blythe Gilmore - Finance Clerk
T: (575)378-4422 Ext. 1028
NM State Purchasing GSD
NMSA and NMAC Laws for Travel and Per Diem
Removal of Leaking Skylight Panels, Replacement of Weather Strips on All Seal Plates, Reinstall Skylights, Caulk Sides & Bottoms, and Clean-out Weep Holes on Channels. SEE COMPLETE INFO HERE.
RECENT INVITATIONS FOR BIDS (IFB)
RECENT REQUESTS FOR PROPOSALS (RFP)
View Purchasing Archive
Fiscal Year 2024 Budget Process
January 25, 2023 - Finance Director will send worksheets to everyone who has a budget in the city.
February 17, 2023 – Everyone’s deadline for submission of worksheets and Capital purchases back to the Finance Director.
- Everyone will be given 3 weeks and 2 days to complete.
- No changes will be made after this due date.
- Everyone is responsible for keeping a copy of their worksheets for reference.
- The Governing Body has the authority to go line by line.
- Finance Director will use the binders with all of the information submitted and provide the recap sheet to get the budget in balance.
- All of the materials provided in the binders will remain confidential until the presentation of the budget is presented to Governing Body for approval. This includes any requested copies of information in the binders. All binders and information will be shredded upon completion of the workshops.
May 8, 2023, or May 22, 2023 – Present Preliminary Budget to the Governing Body.
May 31, 2023 – Preliminary Budget due to DFA.
July 24, 2023 – Present the Final Budget to the Governing Body.
July 31, 2023 – Final Budget due to DFA.
Quarterly Reports to City Council
1st Quarter Report FY 2023
2nd Quarter Report FY 2023
3rd Quarter Report FY 2023
4th Quarter Report FY 2023
Final Budget Report
Vendors must provide both federal and state tax identification numbers to perform services for the City. Please contact the Finance Director and/or Assistant Finance Clerk personnel for assistance. Vendor ID numbers must be established prior to the submission of invoices.
All invoices submitted must include the following:
- Date of services or purchase of goods
- Vendor name and mailing address
- Current W-9, annually
- Description of goods or services
- Total amount due
The City is exempt from sales tax on tangible goods with the exception of construction items. Sales tax will be paid on labor, services, and construction items. If an invoice includes a sales tax on parts or goods, it will be deducted from the disbursement. Please contact the Finance Director and/or Assistant Finance Clerk if you need a Non-Taxable Transaction Certificate.