The Ruidoso Downs Street Department is dedicated to improving and maintaining City Streets. The department employees perform such projects as:
- Building and widening roads
- Constructing curbs
- Improving drainage
- Stabilizing slopes
- Traffic signals, signs and striping
Public Works Snow Removal Procedure
- Calls for service during normal working hours will be handled by Street Department Personnel. Calls for service during off hours will be handled by the Police Department. (Notification of unsafe or high accumulations of snow above 3 inches shall notify the Streets Department.)
- Different procedures may be followed depending on the severity or type of weather.
- City Crews will plow and salt the streets in the following order:
- Downs Drive, City Hall, and Fire Department
- Streets that have a steep approach to highway 70.
- Bus Routes
- City streets throughout Ruidoso Downs (with North facing hills first).
- All other City streets and City Parking lots