Planning and Zoning Commission
- First Tuesday of the month at 4:30 p.m.
- City of Ruidoso Downs Downs, Hubbard Room, 123 Downs Drive, Ruidoso Downs, NM 88346
Special Meetings may be held at other dates and times as are deemed necessary in order to carry out the business of the City Events and Beautification Committee.
Agendas, Packets, and Minutes
Agendas are posted city website, city Facebook, and on the City Hall bulletin boards, at least 72 hours prior to the meeting.
The Committee consists of five (5) persons all of whom must be residents of the City of Ruidoso Downs, appointed by the Mayor with the consent of the City Council, each serving two-year terms.
Luther Light - Chairman
John Banks - Vice-Chairman
Powers and Duties
The Planning and Zoning Commission shall have the following powers and duties:
(1) To recommend to the city council the boundaries of the various zoning districts and appropriate regulations to be enforced therein under Chapter 155 Zoning of the City Code of Ordinance or the laws of the state and to recommend approval or denial of zoning changes and regulations.
(2) To recommend to the city council any matter relating to zoning, planning, or subdivision control as they may be specified or required under Title XV: Land Usage of the City Code of Ordinance applicable laws of the state.
(3) To exercise the duties and powers as may be now or hereafter conferred by Title XV: Land Usage of the City Code of Ordinance or applicable laws of the state and make recommendations to the city council.
Click here to email Jennet Recendez, Planning Services Director to provide comments to commission members about current or future agenda-related items. Please include your name and address within your email. Any non-agenda email(s) will be deleted. Commission members are unable to reply to your message(s) due to Open Meetings and Public Information Act regulations. In addition, correspondence received two hours prior to the meeting start time may not be read as commission members are preparing for the meeting.
Please note your correspondence is considered public information and it is our policy to share any comments with the prospective developer so they can address any community concerns. Staff also encourages all prospective developers to meet with adjacent property owners and neighborhoods to discuss the proposed project.
For additional information or questions, contact Planning Services staff at 575-378-4422 or 575-378-1342.
The Document Center provides easy access to public documents. Click on one of the categories below to see related documents or use the search function.
Documents sorted by SEQ in Ascending Order within category